Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Givin' Props

Before going on any further, I want to explain the title of my blog. When I was in high school, I had Ms. Arndt for American History my junior year, and for Psychology and Government my senior year. She was the hardest teacher in the school and gave so much homework I sometimes wonder how I managed to complete it all considering my extracurricular activities. None the less, I looked forward to her class everyday.

I think it started in Psychology class when I walked in from a kick-ass band practice(!) and knew we'd be studying Pavlov or discussing Rorschach's ink blots. I was one of the first students in the room and as I took my place at the front (nerd), I asked Ms. Arndt if we were going to have a fun day. She was in her early 50's or so (looked older) and all of 5'4" or so, donning thick glasses and a Mr. Roger's-esque sweater. She walked from her office in the back to her desk up front and replied, with her own version of "jazz hands", "Every day is a fun day."

When I went on to play softball in college, I carried the Ms. Arndt tradition with me. I have to admit that Ms. Arndt's version of 'fun' was a little different than Becker's, but both were teachers in their own right who pushed me to excel.. and for that I am thankful.

I continue the tradition after 11 yrs and I try to make every day as fun as possible..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home