Friday, September 05, 2008

It's just a little wind and rain..



This projected path of Hanna (as of 2:40pm) could make things interesting this weekend. So far, I know that The North Face Endurance Challenge and The Patriots Half Ironman were cancelled. Other events in the area are hoping to go on and trying to adjust start times to work around when Hanna will strike.

My big event this weekend, The Ring, is still on!

This event will go on – if it does turn out to be somewhat wet and windy, it will just be that much more of an epic achievement for you all to run and finish in those conditions!

Per the AP, "As of 2 p.m. EDT Friday, Hanna had maximum sustained winds near 70 mph.. Some spots could see up to 10 inches of rain, and forecasters warned of the potential for flash flooding in the northern mid-Atlantic states.."

Somewhat wet and windy.. exactly.

So what am I doing to prepare for a wet and windy run? Well, dry clothes for afterwards, a few more changes of socks, and a couple rain coats. I'm hoping the rain cuts down the humidity and will be happy for fewer mosquitoes. I'm sure my feet will be trashed from getting so wet... oh well.

I will be happy to (hopefully!) finish in whatever weather conditions happen between 7am Saturday and.. oh, 3pm(?) on Sunday. I have no idea when I'll finish, and looking at past reports and finish times isn't much help. The best thing I can do is to keep moving.

Would requesting a tailwind be too much to ask of Hanna?

1 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Good luck Jen! I hope you get to do it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home