Monday, January 25, 2010

So why all the erging?

This is a question you may (or may not) be asking yourself. If I plan to do a 100 miler in less than 16 weeks, I should focus on running, right?

Well, since I've been on the IR for a bit, I wanted to spend more time working on overall cardio and fitness without the pounding of the road. I'm no too keen on setting the bike up on the trainer or rollers as I have some fudging to do with the gears and overall set up of the bike before spending more than my 4 miles a day of commuting on it.

And I hope to row again this year. I'm not sure if I'll be on the water as early as this spring because of my training schedule, but I want to work on dialing in my technique and reminding my butt what it feels like to be sitting for a long time.

The main reason for all the erging is that I'm participating in the Mid Atlantic Erg Sprints on Saturday, January 30th. Specifically, I'm entered in the Masters Women 30-Minute Row.


More about my workouts to come later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home