Sunday, November 20, 2005

Narcolepsy

Anywhere, at just about anytime, I can sleep. I sleep as a passenger in a car and when I fly, I'm usually asleep before the flight attendants have finished their spiel and wake up again when we touch down. Just the other day on the Metro, I was slouched in my seat with my eyes closed, chilln to some tunes. I must've been asleep only 15 min or so, but the next thing I know, one of the Metro workers is explaining to me that the train is out of service and I have to get off. It was a bit of a rude awakening, but at least the end of the line IS my stop and the train hadn't pulled back to the graveyard area. I doubt I would've made the news as kids do when they're left on the bus after falling asleep.

When I moved out East, I let my then girlfriend have my bed as she was moving into a new place and needed a bed. I figured I could make due with an air mattress for awhile, which I did, and even got to the point where I didn't bother to pump it up when it lost air most nights. That "awhile" lasted the entire time I lived in Baltimore. The air mattress followed me to DC in Feb 03 until I finally replaced it with a real bed in April of 04. For 2.5 yrs I slept on the floor.. by choice! It was a little tough flopping into bed after a long day and cold in the winters.

My bed of choice of late has been the living room floor or the sofa. I lay down to stretch, feet up on the stability ball, and the next thing I know it's 3:30am.. so I mosey up to bed if I even bother. If my sister has the sofa and I'm scrunched up on the love seat, I might just roll off onto the floor for the night since it's closer than my bed. Dare I admit that it's comfortable, too??

I'm easy to please and easy to snooze. If I quit drinking every night, maybe I wouldn't fall asleep at the drop of a hat.

Nah..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home