Wednesday, February 08, 2006

One of "those" days

Yknow what I'm talking about.. we've all had one. It can be a variety of things. It can be where the day starts of great then you wonder 'what happened'? A few examples..

-It can be a 'nothing can go wrong' day were you roll out on the right side of the bed and it just keeps getting better.

-There's the 'nothing can go wrong.. until 7pm' day where you're whistlin' away to yourself, enjoying the day.. and you walk off a cliff.

-The classic 'can it get any worse?' day where you roll out on the wrong side of the bed and you keep rolling.

-And finally, there's the 'can it get any worse? Yes it can.. and it will' day. Similar to the one above, but in addition to rolling out on the wrong side of the bed, you continue to roll. But you roll over broken glass, downed power lines, the carcass of a skunk.. then you get hit by a deer.. and you start your period earlier than expected.


This week has been mostly the last item on the list. I keep mentioning how things are busy at work and it doesn't seem to be letting up any time soon. I'm still trying to recover from this past weekend of traveling before taking off again this weekend. I think it's the cabin air that has me feeling 'blah' and not the smoky bowling alley, or staying up until 3:30am and trying to survive Sunday on four hours of "sleep".. yeah, and there was some alcoholic beverages consumed Friday and Saturday.. but I digress.

Today was a classic 'can it? yes it..' day until I got home from the gym. I had a good workout and the attendant didn't kick me out at 9:45pm like the usual guy does. I did my thang and figuratively skipped home even though I knew I had work and homework waiting for me.. and not at the front door in Saran Wrap.. again.. I digress. However, awaiting me in my inbox was a bit of good news. It doesn't matter that it's 2am and I'm still sending out emails for work while I type this.. or that I have to get up in 3.5 hrs to get on the bike.. or that I still have a presentation to prepare for Thursday night's class.

Nope.

This bit o' good news turned my 'can it? yes it..' day to a 'can? yes it.. it did, but WAIT!' day. I won't get into it as I was successfully as vague as I wanted to be. Oh, I'm sure the suspense will keep you on the edge of your seats.. and coming back for me.

I was committed before, but this has solidified it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home