Thursday, June 18, 2009

Finding my gills

Getting to the pool in the morning is tough for me. I'm fortunate that it's only a 4 block walk, but having to be at work by 8:00AM limits how long I can swim since it opens at 6:30AM. If I don't go in the morning, it's likely I'll do everything to avoid going in the evening. With a busy Thursday evening ahead of me, I packed most of my lunch Wednesday night, grabbed my bag that's been packed for a week (good intentions!), and planned to head out at 6:15am.

I had my workout in my mind. There was no need to write it down since I was going to be in and out in 30 minutes or so. Right? As I stood in the lobby waiting to be let in (I could've left at 6:25 and still been early), I repeated the workout in my mind. I undressed, showered (wet myself down), and picked a lane.. all while thinking the same thought..

25m, rest, 50m, rest, 100m, rest. Four times through

After my 200m warmup, I was off!

Off swimming an 800m TT

WTF!

I realized about 200m in (it took me that long) that I wasn't doing the workout I'd been rehearsing in my head all morning.

Oh well.

14:57 (+/-50m or so) I was out.

Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home