Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Jackpot! Feeding my addiction

It's been 4 weeks since I gave up peanut butter and chocolate (and sort of beer) for Lent. I'll admit to getting the occasional PB 'fix' by having peanuts (allowed!) and Pad Thai Tofu.. ordering it and forgetting there are peanuts in it. I also included a loophole by allowing my chocolate whey protein shakes, but everything else is off limits.

With that, I have had to find a replacement.. something to help fill the void.

And I think I found it.

Pop-tarts

For the love of Mary, I have been craving Pop-tarts like nobody's business!! I pass by the "devil machine" each morning at my metro stop "just to check" and then I end up feeding it my dollar. The flavor of the week has been Frosted Strawberry, which is the good 'ol, can't-go-wrong standby. However, hiding in the back is my faaaavorite..

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon

As I reach down to pluck my purchase from the bowels of the devil machine, I playfully paw at the glass.. yearning for that deluctable faux-pastry that alternates the spiral with Frosted Strawberry.

"one of these days.." I think to myself.

"Why don't you just buy a box?" my sister seriously asks me. Seriously? If I bought a box it would be gone in one sitting. Gone. Just crumbs and wrappers surrounding me and my bloated belly. Worth it? For those 10 minutes.. maybe.

So I can't even describe the sheer joy I experienced as I walked up to the machine Tuesday morning to "just take a look" and to see my precious waiting for me and my dollar.

.. and again last night!..

.. and again this morning!..

Before I left home, I was looking through another backpack and previously worn jeans for change. I swear I've spent almost $10 in the last 2 weeks on these things.

help..

4 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Rob said...

I wish I could help you but I just can't. In my lower desk drawer at work sits my own value pack box of 12 Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon. I am not really sure if I own them, or if it is really the other way around.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should take them on a long ride some time... there's nothing better five hours into a ride.

Although that's probably not the kind of help you were looking for. What can I say? I'm an instigator!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger jwm said...

I found the secret to fixing this problem.. after 6 or more years in tri (so I can eat).. a week ago I ate way too much custard.. Then I woke up with the flu at 3am.. Funny thing, I just haven't felt like eating cruddy since. Mind you, I've tried a couple times, but to almost zero satisfaction.

Some secret.. "get the flu"

-jwm

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Teen said...

Oh, I LOVE Poptarts!
There really is no way of getting around it.
If you must at least substitute the generic Safeway/Giant brands. They are not *as* good but they help the craving and the weaning process.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home