Monday, March 19, 2007

Recharged

I needed a weekend like this.

I wanted to be lazy and I was. It wasn't meant to be like this, but it just happened.

I needed it.

I've been going hard the past 3 weeks. Training has been picking up with back to back runs the past 3 or 4 weeks - longer one Saturday and a shorter 'recovery' run Sunday. I was scheduled for a couple rides this weekend to complement a couple rugby matches that were eventually cancelled because of poor field conditions.

No additional running.

Just walking.

So I took the time to do a few things around the house - get caught up on laundry, dishes, picking up, etc. I also took the time to.. well, to be social.. let's put it that way. My coach had warned me a few weeks ago that my social life would take a nose dive, and on the contrary, it has picked up. Other things, however, have taken a back seat, notably laundry, dishes, and picking up.

It's worth it.

So I spent the weekend being somewhat lazy athletically, but productive socially. It was nice to spend time leisurly shopping, cooking an okay dinner, making dessert, watching most of a movie, trying to watch the rest of it the next morning, napping, eating, then napping more. Who knew time went by so fast when you did absolutely nothing!

It was great. I loved every minute of it.

I can't predict when or if that will happen again, but I enjoyed it while I could. It was as nice a physical break as it was a mental break, and now I'm ready to dive back in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home