Tuesday, August 05, 2008

It’s been a short weekend if you have to stop and think about what you did

Monday was a tough go at it with Crossfit. Switching to the Mon/Wed 7pm timeslot from Tues/Thurs 5:30pm might take a little getting used to at first. The short but busy weekend started to catch up with me around 4pm when a tired headache crept into my forehead and behind my eyes. I caught the first bus home and flopped in bed for 30 minutes. I hit snooze on the cell phone twice and enjoyed laying there with my GF when she got home. I soooo just wanted to stay in bed and skip the workout, but my sister called and was on her way and would be bringing my Nalgene, made with the finest bisphenol A, that I had left in her car the night before. The thought of a warm, comfy bed versus warm water in an old, scratched up polycarbonate bottle was a tough decision to make.

So I rolled out of bed and got ready to go.

After chatting with my sister and the trainer for a bit, I knew it would be an interesting workout when he asked how my weekend was and I had to look off into the distance to conjure up memories of what exactly I did. It was a daze, as a new week and new set of workouts started. I wasn't sure how things would go or what really to expect. My mind was still in bed.

I had seen the workouts for this week and am excited to be on the erg for the first two days. Sunday is a different story, and I will get to it then. Monday’s workout was the same as the 080802 workout on the main Crossfit site.


1000m erg
21 thrusters (Oly bar)
15 pull-ups (one foot on a plyo box)

750m erg
18 thrusters
12 pull-ups

500 erg
15 thrusters
9 pull-ups


I was, again, happy with my erg times. I went out faster than I should've for the 1k, but held a good SPM rating and had a good overall time. My technique was better, but if I were in a shell, I'd be majorly rushing the slide. Form-wise for the thrusters, I felt really good. I was able to keep a nice, narrow stance, and easily go down - butt to ball - while staying back on my heels. My explosion up was a little slow, but sped up with each rep as I really stressed getting my 'head through the window' and fully extending my arms. I probably could've put some weight on the bar, but this was a good workout to keep my form in check. I don't want to go too heavy too soon and have my shoulders blow up. Pull-ups were just.. eh. I don't know where I'm going with these. One of these days I'll be able to do a pull-up; I've just stopped counting the days. It'll probably happen when I stop caring about them. Sure, a bit of a bad attitude, but I call it acceptance.

I'm already looking forward to this weekend and am sure it will be memorable. I have at least a 20 mile run out in George Washington Nat Forest that I'd like to do in prep for The Ring in a few weeks, as well as a killer Crossfit workout that might take the entire afternoon.

I should be able to remember this upcoming weekend after you peel me up off the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home