Thursday, July 16, 2009

First week check up

It has been a little over a week that I've been strict Zoning and I feel great. At first I would look at the clock every few minutes to see if it was time to eat again, and it's to the point that eating is becoming a chore. I did have some hunger pangs those first few days, but having a Nalgene full of water (and BPA!) next to me helped hold me over until it was time to eat again. I try to keep meals anywhere from 1.5-3 hrs apart and drink at least 3 Nalgene bottles (32oz) of water a day.

I've been tweaking my blocks and fat a bit, going to 2x at 16 blocks, and so far am feeling fine at this point. I could probably eat more fat to make up for lost carbs, but I'm going to keep it where it's at for now and might tweak it again next week.

I weighed in last Wednesday for the first time in awhile and am down about 1.5 lbs since then. I don't expect miracles and aim to gain strength and improve my body composition with my Crossfit and KB training. If I drop weight *cough, 10 pounds, cough* I'll be thrilled, but I'm not sure if it's something I can maintain since I gained back what I had lost prior to MMT pretty quickly. A cheat here and there (after 30 days!) might be added to curb any cravings, but those can lead to chocolate comas where I wake covered in the wrappers of Fun Size Snickers mumbling "the small ones add up so quickly!!"

So far I haven't had any cravings for chocolate (wait 15 more days...) and have been on my best behavior, but next weekend is another test when I'm heading to Philly for the day to visit my former boss. She's aware of my freaky eating and doesn't have a problem with it. I mentioned that I probably won't drink and she's fine with that since that just means more wine for her. Win-win!

So we'll what happens in the next couple of weeks as I eat the same monotonous crap day after day.**

I'm still eating the ingredient-dense Morningstar Farms brand sausage patties and bacon for breakfast and probably will for awhile longer. I'm still working on adding 'new' meats to my everyday menu and haven't gone beyond the 'thinking about it' stage. So far I'm fine with chicken. I've had it for dinner and lunch most days and it's easy to do in the George Foreman Grill so as to not contaminate the vegetarian skillets in the household. It works well, does its job, and I enjoy using it. 'Nuff said.

Here's hoping to another good week.

**Really, it's not all that bad. If I didn't like it I wouldn't eat it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home