Monday, November 21, 2005

Long distance dedication

I want to give a shout out to my boy Brent who's over in Baghdad, Iraq until mid April or so. He's living on Camp Victory, which is adjacent to the Baghdad International Airport. The centerpiece of the Camp is the al Fawl Palace. This former palace of Saddam Hussein has been overtaken by the US military and now serves as living quarters for higher ups. Cubicles have been constructed there and important meetings take place there as well.

Even though he screams like a little girl at the sight of itsy, bitsy spiders in porta-johns and might walk to chow sans weapon, he's still on the mind of us tri clubbers and we look forward to his safe return in a few months.

Don't eat too much and you better be ready for a few races as well as the 200 in the summer!





1 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me say this Jen, it was a big spider with big fangs dripping venom, and I don't leave my weapon laying around anymore. As far the eating goes... I need to finish this before my French Toast gets cold....
Thanks for the props. And you can bet I will be ready to blaze a trail at a few Tri's in the 2006 season. Kona here I come,,, nottt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home