Monday, January 23, 2006

No more making fun of anyone named "Sparky"

Sparky is about as goofy a nickname as Corky.. I think Corky is worse, though. Nonetheless, it was a guy named Sparky in my Tuesday night class that is bailing out my ass. I still don't have my books for this class and we're supposed to read a couple chapters as well as do 2 assignments in the book. I emailed the prof to explain that the bookstore is out of books and if he knew of other places in the city they might be available at. No response. Luckily, Sparky is in my Thursday class and he recommended a place. I called there - no books, so I ordered them. I'm hoping to get them before this weekend from either the school bookstore or the one Sparky recommended.

So I ended up emailing him on Friday to see if I could get copies of the chapters to read. Luckily I had his email address, or at least AN email address of his, from last semesters class. He replied back this morning and ended up scanning the chapters and sending them to me in PDF files. Saved my f'in ass! Maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself since I haven't looked at the material yet, but I'm in a better position now to complete the assignment having the information than I would be if I didn't.

Lo and behold, it was Sparky to the rescue! Who knew a Republican could be so nice! ;)

**************

EDIT at 3:30pm

Okay.. can I recant this post? I just got an email from the bookstore that my overly-priced books are in... yaaaa.. hooooraaayyy.. *sarcastic excitement*

I guess this means I can still make fun of people named Sparky, right??

1 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Guy said...

My mom and dad have a long haired chihuahua named Sparky. He's a little bigger than the usual chihuahua and his markings make him look like some hound cross. He loves to chase jets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home