Thursday, January 12, 2006

Resolution Update #1

I figure if I'm going to be held accountable to accomplish my resolution of successfully completing 2 pull-ups, I should probably give updates of my progress. I'd like to get to the gym at least 1x a week to do a good 45-60min full body routine including my pull-up negatives and hangs. I'd like to get in another time if possible to do my pseudo pull-up routine.

So I hit the gym last night. A few resolutionists there just sitting around as well as the muscle heads posing. I did my workout but didn't rush through it even though I wanted to get home in time to watch a new episode of "Lost". Priorities. So I start with upper body and keep an eye on the cable crosser machine and pull-up station to wait for it to open up. I'm not big on people watching me workout, so I don the ipod and focus on the music to block out those around me.


So here's a mid-month review/summary - I have a looong way to go! I'm not sure if I'm in over my head or what. I really have no plan of attack and will start searching for some form of a training program, but for now I'm flying by the seat of my pants. Any tips are welcome. My usual routine includes negatives - hanging in the full pull-up position for as long as possible before slowly lowering myself down. Right now, that's barely 1 second (I told you I have a long way to go).

I'm also doing hangs. I'm not sure how effective they are, but it's a good stretch nonetheless. I just hang and go through the start of the pull-up motion. The necessary muscles are flexed and I make an attempt to pull myself up. So far, I can move upward a few inches, which is still a loooooong way to go *sigh*

Aside from weight training, I'm trying to increase my cardio. One of my biggest limiters is the junk in my trunk. I'm far from my racing weight and know dropping at least 5 LBs will help immensely. I hope to drop more, but that's a goal I'll keep to myself. Besides, I never weigh myself, so I will not know how much weight I lose - if any.

As discouraging as it was last night, I know I'm closer to my goal than I would be if I didn't try.

Baby steps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home