Monday, January 09, 2006

Feats of Strength.. Goin' for the Gold

So I've decided to make 1 resolution this year. I'm sure I mentioned before that I'm not big on NY resolutions; I prefer to make yearly 'to do' lists.. and start in February. I don't tend to verbalize my list, which later turn into goals, until the end of the year nears.

Nonetheless, I will now go out on a limb and voice my one resolution so whoeverthehellactuallyreadsthisthing can hold me to it.

I resolve to do 2 full chin-ups (palms facing me) before the end of September.

You heard it here first! Actually, my sister heard it first, but whatever..

So this is how it all started. On Friday I was having a discussion with a friend who is really hitting the gym and getting buff. She looks awesome and is on a great training and nutrition regime. She mentioned how last year she was working on doing chin-ups and can now finally do X many at a time. I told her how in middle school I could never get the Presidential Award for Physical Fitness because I couldn't do the required number of chin-ups... TWO!! When I was in college, we did some PE type training before starting fall ball, and were tested on a few things such as vertical leap, sit and reach, push ups, tricep dips, medicine ball toss, and pull ups. I might've eeked out a couple, but there was a lot of kicking involved and I jumped up, which assisted my first pull up.

What will make this hard is that I don't have immediate access to a bar, nor does my gym have an assisted pull-up machine, which would be nice to train on. It does have a bar atop the cable crossover machine, but I don't get to the gym that often. I will gradually work on a program that will enable me to do 2 full pull-ups.. or chin-ups.. whatever you want to call them.

THE RULES
-I'll be doing them with my palms facing in (since that works the biceps more and I want to get some nice lookin' guns. ;)
-My sister will be the judge
-The event will take place at our gym sometime between now and September 30th, 2006.
-I will follow steps 3-12 in the link above and will repeat.. hopefully a couple times.


I'm out to get this monkey off my back and earn the certificate that has alluded me my entire athletic career!

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! Good luck on the pullups! I'll have to keep you accountable now!

Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home