Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kirstie Alley's body double

I AM FAT.

No, not fat. I am overweight per my doctor. Not just by a few pounds, but I am about 15 pounds overweight. Yep. Fatty here is 172 and I should be closer to 158. Based on his "weight chart" a normal/healthy weight for me is 137-158. I don't think anyone that knows me has ever known me to be under 150. I think the last time I was under 150 was back in college. I was going through a breakup, living on my own, was poor, ate corn and rice and $0.25 chocolate chip granola bars from the vending machine since that's all I could afford, and ran to/from the gym 3 miles away to lift.. every day. I got injured a lot that year, too, and dealt with bad back problems. Sure, I was "in shape", but I wasn't healthy.

Apparently now I'm healthy - good blood work, good cholesterol levels - but I am fat.

I know what I need to do, no question about that, and it will start with getting a new doctor. I know I need to get better about eating a few things in moderation and cutting back on the booze, which I will do.

I have some goals that I've told a few people about. They are in writing. My first 'mark' is the end of March. I'm not sure how much I will say in terms of updates leading up to it, but I know I have my work cut out for me.

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Xena said...

Queen Latifah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home