Friday, December 15, 2006

Since You've Been Gone

It's been a strange past few weeks. I had alluded to needing a break and I did just that. My head has been in the clouds, up my butt, and everywhere but on my on my shoulders/neck and between my ears.

This time of year is always rough for me - the lack of daylight, the time away from family, and the constant evaluation of what I've done this year. I always set high standards for myself so there's always some mild disappointment when I don't reach my goals.

In addition to the above, I'm turning 30 in January. On top of thoughts of "what have I done this year?", I start thinking "what have I done with my life?" I mentioned earlier this year that I'm not a huge resolution person. If you want to make changes, don't wait for a specific date - start now. So I've started.


I'm not all too happy with who I am and what I've become, so I'm making changes. A lot of times if I say I'm going to do something, I'll do it. I knew a few years ago that I'd be doing a 100 mile trail run. It fits into my schedule as planned for 2007 - I'm doing it. However, all too often I say stuff like "that'd be cool to try," or more specifically "one day, I'd like to learn to play guitar", so I'm going to do that. I hold on to too much "junk", so I'm getting rid of it. Not trying to sell it and would give it away if someone wanted any of it. I'm downsizing.

I need SOMETHING in my life. Most of the time I'll wait for it to come to me.

I'm tired of waiting around.

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Hope to see you at the Fat Ass tomorrow and chat about MMT. Be good.

The Mule

 

Post a Comment

<< Home