Monday, January 02, 2006

Ringing in the New Year

I wish I had more to say, some big news or inspiring words to ring in the new year, but I don't. The past few months were very hard with work, school, and personal relationships. I couldn't look back and see a lot of positives to the year with such negatives fresh in my mind. However, being home has given me a sense of calm and vision. I see what I have with all the family and friends that I've been fortunate to be able to spend a lot of time with; I look at my Christmas gifts and I'm fortunate to have a few toys and gadgets; I look at the new clothes I bought and I'm fortunate to have a job to pay for it; I look at my waistline and I'm fortunate to be able to put food in my belly; and I look at where I'm at and I know that I could be worse off.

I'm not big on making resolutions. I know each year I want to make it better than the year before - pay more attention to my 401k, do well with my races, live a healthy lifestyle, do well in school, be more productive at work,... This year will be no different. I had a great bash to start off the new year and I was fortunate to spend it with a great group of friends. I've been getting in some good runs and enjoying my vacation. As much as I don't want to leave, I'm ready to go back to DC to start the new year.

But will the new year lead to a new me? Stick around until next year to find out..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home