Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Homeward Bound

It's that time of year again... yep, I need my hair cut!

Ahh.. talk about the ultimate case of 'not-being-able-to-let-go'! Since moving away from Big Rapids in May00, I continue to go back to get my hair did. Yep. I'm too devoted to Jo and I'd feel guilty if I found someone here. She took care of my hair when it was butch-ass short, helped me through the awful in-between stages, and now cares for my long tresses. Besides, it gives me a chance to catch up on the townie gossip. I think the price is cheap.. but then you add in the cost of airfare and then the price goes up.

But it's more than money.. it's the experience. It's being home. It's leaving 5 minutes before my appointment and still getting there with plenty of time to spare. It's deciding to walk to the shop and not seeing anyone else out walking. It's taking a stroll down Michigan Ave and remembering all the old shops.

I feel like I'm dating myself.. "back when I was a kid, I had to walk to school in the snow.. "

So I'm making the seasonal trip home to spend time with the fam damily. Twelve full days I'll be there.. 12 looooong days. I'm already making plans to hook up with friends and will be spending as much time as I can with my nephew and with my Illinois cousins who will be in 26-28. I hope to do a lot of cold weather running, too, and get in 30-50 miles in those 12 days. That would be a great way to end the year/start the new year.

Also tossing around a few NYE party invites so I'm hoping there will be some midnight smoochin'. No pictures, though..

..hopefully none!

Looking forward to catching up with everyone again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home