Monday, March 20, 2006

How I Spent My Spring Break

I can't say I've ever had a typical college spring break. When I was in school, spring break meant the start of softball season with a week long excursion to Florida for games 2x a day and a mid week trip to Universal Sudios, Busch Gardens, or Gatorland. At least it was better than staying in cold Michigan for the week.

So now that I'm back in school, I got to experience my first spring break since 1999. So what did I do?

Abso-freakin'-lutely nothing school related and it was great.

I did have an 'optional class' on Tuesday, but it was review for my mid-term, which has now been moved from 3/28 to 4/4. Of course the whole class was there.

I was able to get in a number of good workouts including a nighttime run Wednesday and a swim Thursday night. I even skipped the tri club happy hour that night to swim. Yep. Where are my priopities you ask? Don't worry.. I made up for it by drinking my fair share Friday at work with our celebration of St. Patty's Day. Erin go braugh!!

I even got in the pool again Sunday afternoon for a cool 3100yds. I have put in more 'mileage' in the pool in the last 3 weeks than I have from Nov-Feb combined. It's still not much, but I'm slowly getting to where I want to be. I could be on to something.. swimming 2x a week?? God forbid I start improving!

So now it's back to the real world. Hard to really enjoy my 'break' from school when I still had to work 40+ hrs a week. Oh well.

Such is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home