Sunday, April 23, 2006

Rare Form

Since January 17th, I have been dreading every Tuesday and Thursday. The only thing I have to look foward to those days is when I can get to the gym at night. I have a little more than 2 weeks to go with my classes and it couldn't come any faster.

This past Thursday was a nice treat.

Or so I thought..

I got an email Wednesday afternoon that my Thursday night professor was sick and couldn't get a replacement, so class would be cancelled. Conveniently, the tri club was holding the happy hour that night. On my way to the bar, I get a call from the electrician. He was calling to cancel the Friday AM appointment and move it to Saturday. I was bummed at first, but soon realized my boss didn't know 1.) my class was cancelled and I was on my way to get sauced and 2.) the electrician had cancelled. I had told her that I planned on coming in later and she was fine.. hell, she didn't really care since she was going to be out of the office Friday.


It was nice to be out.. and to see people I haven't seen in awhile since I've been in hibernation of sorts. However, in the process I got pretty sauced. Everyone seemed to clear out the upstairs area around 10:30pm or so (I have not clue really) and there were 4 of us left. We finally got kicked out of the upstairs area and moved the small gathering outside. The slured chatter continued and we kept an eye on the time, knowing that the 3 of us left needed to catch the metro, which closed at midnight. Midnight came and went and we started looking for cabs. Actually, they did, but I remained inside where I invited myself to join a couple at the bar. We played songs on the jukebox and talked about lord-knows-what. The woman I was with started to drag the guy out when he started talking to the golfing Marine that walked in about how he could beat him in a round of golf. He put $20,000 on the game and I kept telling her to get him out. Finally they left after much proding from all of us.

So at 2:15 or so the bartender kicked the rest of us out. I made it home and into bed at 2:45am..

.. up at 7:30am when I had set my alarm before going out for the night..

.. and then finally at 10:45am when I positioned myself on the sofa.


I'll leave out the details from Friday, but it was a bad day. I wasn't THAT hungover and I couldn't be since my coworkers didn't know I was out on the town.

So now it's Sunday and I'm getting sick.

Not good.

Part of it is lack of sleep. Part of it is drinking myself into oblivion. Part of it was being out in the rain Saturday. Most of it was being a dumb ass.

I was in rare form Thursday. I know I tried to carry over the fun I had from the past weekend at home back to DC with me. I can't do that. That's not me. That can't be me even though it wants to be.

It goes back to trying to grow up. Knowing my priorities.

I've basically given up on my classes or I would've stayed home and studied. I've basically given up on my training or else I would've gotten in the pool sometime this month. I thought I was on a roll swimming 3 or 4 times in the month of March after going one time a month since November. I still have a few days this week to get to the pool.

I have a huge race this weekend; the first of its kind for me. Right now, that is a priority. I have a shit load of work to catch up on, which is another priority. And I have 2 classes I want to finish strong in. My last priority. These are listed in no particular order.

I need to get my form back.


Post a Comment

<< Home