Tuesday, April 11, 2006

This Picture Doesn't Do the Course Justice

This was taken about 10 minutes after I finished Saturday. Okay.. get away from the fact that I'm bow legged and have no calf muscle definition, this gives you an idea of how muddy it was out there.

On the inside of my left leg just above my sock, you can just start to see how thick the mud is. It's about a quarter inch thick and goes around the back of my leg. The splattered mud went up the back of my legs past my knees, as it did for most of the runners.

That might've been the last race for those shoes. Right now, they're stuffed with newspaper in front of the refrigerator trying to dry out. I'll see if I can salvage them and keep them as a back-up pair for later this month. One last hurrah!

After two trips through the wash, 2 rinse cycles on the first go-round and 1 on the second, both pairs of socks came out somewhat clean. The inner pair, which were white, will forever have a light brown tint to them. It was the first time I wore them, too.. a helluva maiden voyage.


1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That photo is simply awesome.
It should be the poster child for everything our sport is about.

hope you are recovering well.
-The Mule

 

Post a Comment

<< Home