Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Decisions, Decisions

I'm stuck.

I have a decision to make about this weekend and I don't know what to do.

For one, I have the Eagleman half-Ironman Sunday. It's about 45 minutes past the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, so about a 2 hour drive if you consider weekend/bridge traffic. Like I said, I've done this race every year since 2002. I've had good years and bad years. This is going to be a bad year with training in the shitter.

For two, it's Pride Week in DC, and I haven't been able to partake in any of the weekend festivities since it always falls on the same weekend as Eagleman.

Sooo..

I have a friend in Baltimore that needs to get out and about. Coming from small-town Michigan like myself, she's in the area for a few months and probably won't experience anything gayer in her life for awhile than what DC has to offer. I figure this is the perfect weekend for her, but I don't want her to experience it alone in a city she's unfamiliar with.

So I have a decision to make.

I don't want to skip the race, yet I don't want to miss the Pride parade Saturday. It would've worked out better if the parade were in the afternoon instead of at 6:30pm. But with an evening start time, everyone will be able to hit the bars/clubs immediately afterwards.

And that's the other decision - how much do I drink and how late do I stay out?

If I stay in the District for the night, we're talking leaving at 4am at the latest to get to the race.

Do-able.. I'm sure..

*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home