Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"Aren't you cold?"

It was 55 degrees Tuesday morning. I stood at the crosswalk in jeans, a T-shirt, and my loaded backpack on my back. Earbuds were in place and I was off in my own world.

"wut?" i asked the gold toothed crossing guard.

"Aren't you cold?"

I just shake my head and cross the street.

Yes, I'm helped across the street by a crossing guard, and no, I wasn't cold. It was friggin 55 degrees out! It was about 8:30 and I'd been up since 5:15am. I was biking at that time and it was a bit cooler out then. I should note that the crossing guard was wearing a hat with the ear flaps down and a long, insulated trench coat.

I'm sure in August, when it's 75 degrees at that hour, I'll be wearing a similar outfit and will be asked, "aren't you hot??"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home