Tuesday, November 21, 2006

No turkeys will be harmed this week

At least not at my place.

This will be my 6th Thanksgiving as a vegetarian. I'm happy to say I have never gone hungry and gorge myself as many football watching fanatics do this day.

We don't gather around a block of tofu, either.

For the past 3 years, we've enjoyed the yumminess of the Tofurky. If you've ever wondered what it's like to eat a baked gym sock.. try some Tofurky!

Seriously, though, it's not all that bad and pretty tasty.. once you get past the gym sock image. This year, we're going with the Tofurky Feast, which comes with "roast beast", giblet gravey, wild rice stuffing, and cranberries.. I think. I think there are also a few potatoes and carrots for the beast to cook with, but we'll add our own, too. Added potatoes, green bean casserole, apple pie, and my famous yummy soup.. along with a few other fixings.

There will be enough for at least 6 to eat, but there will only be the two of us. I would say we're planning on leftovers, but we can eat. I plan on tripling the soup recipe because it's so good. That, and I won't make it again until Easter, so I better enjoy it while it lasts.

Happy Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home