Tuesday, November 07, 2006

my civic duty

I voted today. It was my first time voting since moving out East. I know.. bad of me to not vote regularly. But I did, and I'm sure my mother would be proud of me.

I made sure to read up a little bit on the candidates to see what they support before casting my vote for him or her. I hope others did the same - educating themselves - before hitting the polls. Who knows. I think some people vote on pure emotions or vote to "cancel out" the vote of someone they might know who is voting for a different party than they are.

I'm tracking some races online, especially a few ammendments, and I know I'll be depressed in the morning. Not as bad as I, and most of the gay community, was in 2004, but pretty close. I don't think I'll be sleeping well tonight or the rest of this week. I feel the funk setting in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home