Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tigers.. cont..

You have to admit.. game 4 on Saturday kicked ass. I was in Michigan over the weekend watching the game in a bar and the place went nuts when Maggs hit the 3 run shot. I don't know what it was like in bars or in living rooms across the nation, but I'm sure a collective cheer went up when the ball left his bat and eventually landed in the left field stands. It was, I know, followed by at least one "holy shit.. did you see that? did that just happen?" which came out of my mouth.

Everyone should be jumping on the Tigers bandwagon. The ALCS was so much more exciting that the NLCS is. I'm bored with it. I was watching the game Sunday and was just as bored with it as I was with watching the football game.

Would love to see a rematch of the '68 series with the Cardinals, but I really don't care who they end up playing. They've exceeded many expectations already this year and a WS win would just be icing on the cake.

1 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen,

I'm sorry that the Tigers lost to the Cards. My ex-son-in-law is a huge Cards fan and I am a Bosox fan since, well you weren't born yet. Last night (11/8) Bill Maher said that the Cards did not win the World Series, the Tigers lost the series. Every time Bill turned on the tube the Tigers were throwing the ball over someone's head to allow the Cards to score more runs. Likewise in the election the Democrats did not win the election the Republicans lost the election. Bill's take is that the Dems better get their shit together if they want to win in 08, and I could not agree more. If Hillary, the village idiot, is anywhere near the election in 08 I'll vote Republican.

Are you going to the "What It Takes" movie tonight?

Edward

 

Post a Comment

<< Home