Friday, November 03, 2006

Baby Steps

I'm having a bit of an axiety attack just thinking about it..

.. I might go shopping for jeans this weekend.

(moment of silence... )

I've been told "it's time". Apparently my favorite pair of button fly jeans from Eddie Bauer have seen some better days and I was told my Loose Fit 560 Levi's and EB's are "old".

I'm insulted.

Okay the Levi's I got in the late 90s. But they fit! and they had been stashed in my drawer, unworn, for the past few years. They should be considered 'vintage', right? And the EB's were bought in 2000 or so. Not bad.

The EB's are so worn the denim is kerry cloth soft. They are also dangerously thin in parts. I am careful to wash them and always hang them to dry. They are precious. However, as much as I hate to admit it.. it's time to replace them.

*sigh*

I won't be going alone, which might be a good thing. I'm not sure if I'm in a jeans-trying-on mood, tho.. that's the thing.

Queen Latifah..Queen Latifah..Queen Latifah..Queen Latifah..

And I don't know where to start.

It shouldn't be that hard, right? All I want is something relaxed through the legs, that comes just above the waist, and has a bit of a long leg. No low rise, no fancy pockets, no beads, no embroidery, nothing flared, and under $50.

Sorry.. I'm cheap. And even that's on the high side.

I'm going to spend the night trying to get myself psyched up.

2 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what's worse...shopping for jeans or shopping for a swimsuit...ain't neither one very fun ;-).

Here's what works for me...EB Natural Fit.

Good Luck!

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's what i do. head to the mens section and get boot cut jeans. they fit great and are very comfy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home