Friday, August 10, 2007

Dream a little dream

It's been over two weeks since I've done any sort of working out. Well, I walk a lot to/from work and I always take the stairs. And when I'm in the bathroom, I always do push-ups.. not on the floor, that's sick, but against the counter.

So I've been mentally planning out next year.. I've been day dreaming about my race schedule, which will be similar to what it was this year. I made great strides this year and my times improved dramatically as I met and surpassed goals at the 50k and 50 mile distance. I even conquered the 100 mile distance for the first time, crossing off "do a 100 mile trail run" from my "to do before I die" list. Of course, I've added 'do Badwater 135 in 2009 or 2010' and 'do Western States 100', but they've been on the list already. It's when I start to add dates next to items on the list, I know I mean business.

But it's more of a mental list right now. I conjure it up while noshing on (nearly) vegan chocolate chip banana bread. Like I said, it's been over 2 weeks since I've done much of anything considered athletic, and until then I'll just continue to think about it. It'll happen.

But I know MMT is creeping up on me. A lot of things are creeping up. Rugby starts the end of this month, a few weeks later I'll start my official training for the Philly Marathon, and then it's October and I'll make my annual trek back to Michigan for Bingefest 2007 (aka Homecoming), then the marathon, the new year, and before I know it I'm standing out back of Skyline Ranch at 5am. Wake me up.

I had a dream about MMT the other night. It was an urban setting though, but there were some of the same runners from MMT this year. I was getting frustrated because my motley crew wasn't ready. I was excited and ready to go, but no one was bothering to help. I approached the second aid station and spent way too much time there setting up my tent before leaving without any bottles. I was flustered that 7 yr old kids were running past me like I was standing still, and at one point, I was standing still trying to make sense of what was going on around me.

So I went for a run in the 6AM humidity Wednesday morning. It was around 3 miles, I don't know for sure. Slipping on my shoes, I wonder how in the world I ran a marathon 2 weeks prior on as much training as I had under my belt. One day I'll stop wondering so much and start doing.

My dreams will become reality, but until then, I'm going to keep sleeping. Don't wake me up just yet.

1 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come out and run Leadville next year! We will crew for you!

J and I are going out this weekend to watch ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home