Thursday, August 23, 2007

Given the money.. what would you do?

Ever put of traveling or trying something new because of work commitments, time constraints, or money?

I have no excuses now.

My company just announced their Dream Grant Experience program for the year.

What: $1,000 grant (one per quarter) to be used individually and $5000 grant (one per quarter) to be used with a team of other employees (minimum of three people). Each "experience" is to be completed within 12 months of date of the Dream Grant. To help you get started on your Dream Grant Experience, think of going on an adventure, helping others or just a wild idea!

Why: As you know, building a great company is about building great, well rounded people who aren’t afraid to dream about what is possible. It is our hope and belief that these Dream Grant experiences contribute to the development of innovative, determined, adventurous, curious, well rounded employees. It is this kind of high quality staff that will continue to help our company achieve its goals.

Who: All full time employees.


I find myself day dreaming.. scrolling through the Adventures section of the REI website. I think of section hiking part of the AT, climbing Mount Rainier, doing the AIDS/Lifecycle Ride.. or my favorite.. Badwater 135. One coworker suggested that a group of us (somehow) run across the US. I'm not sure I want to spend that much time with my coworkers.

The adventures I have in mind are all athletic pursuits. I am healthy and want to take advantage of that.

Ideas are welcome.

EDIT I have an aversion to clowns. Maybe going to clown school will help me get over that.

2 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BADWATER.
I will sit in your support van and eat ice cream with the air condition on high, while I watch you melt away outside.

-Mule

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Badwater will have to wait. I emailed the RD ahead of time and he sent a very nice reply explaining no one gets special treatment (unless you've only done a 50 miler and want to run it as 'research' for an upcoming book). I have to keep running to build the ultra resume. Maybe in 10 yrs :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home