Monday, September 17, 2007

Coming full circle

It was back in December 2005 when I lost my wallet while out bowling at Lucky Strike during a tri club happy hour *see "Hangover's Suck" in the December 2005 archives* To recap, while in a drunken stupor I lost my wallet, or it was stollen, and in it was my license, debit/bank card, 3 credit cards, insurance card, Safeway card, a few receipts, and most importantly, my social security card. And the punch in the gut was that it was my Maryland license, I was living in DC, I was flying back to Michigan in 7 days, and I didn't have the documents needed to get the new license. I was able to get what I needed at the 11th hour and finally got my new DC license.

It was a process I hope to never have to go through again.

So I made sure to check my credit report, cancel my credit cards and get replacement cards, a new insurance card, and get a new license. It was about 2 weeks ago that I finally went to the Social Security Administration and applied for a new social security card. Yes, it took me 2.5 yrs to finally get a replacement card, and I finally received it in the mail a few days ago. I learned my lesson and made sure to get a new license with my updated address as soon as I got the ssc in the mail. I spent way too much time dealing with the DMV in December; I hoped to never repeat the process. This time around was less painful and quicker than expected (30 minutes).

I know I shouldn't have taken this long to get the new card, but hey.. it's done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home