Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Catching up on some posts

Things have been busy to the point that I don't get to post as often as I would like to. Looking back, I have 3 potential posts still sitting in "draft form", and they would be really outdated if I finished them. So now I'm looking to get some new material up including why I've been so busy, some workouts I've been doing, and my up coming ultra plans/schedule.

First off, I spend a couple mornings a week putting a group of rowers through some tough workouts. It's nice to be on the other side of the watch sometimes being the one that says '3..2.. 1.. GO!', but then later in the day I'll put myself through the same workout, if not a harder one. It's easy to say a workout is easy until you back up the talk and do it yourself.

For my own workouts, I've been trying to keep up with the burpees and push ups that I blogged about awhile back. I haven't been as consistent as I'd like to be, but I'm still doing them. I try to sneak in a few sets of 7-10 burpees at work when it sounds like the hallway is empty. I haven't been consistent enough to keep up with the 100 burpees challenge, and will probably start over. I've even been hoping on the bike on the rollers from time to time and doing a kettlebell workout. The night before Thanksgiving, I did a modified version of Angie, which I first did back in July. It was a little difficult to do 'jump negatives' with a door gym even when I switched grips frequently. Maybe I'd have better luck if I wore that snazzy get-up and kept my hair down. Next time. The push ups were done on my knees, and I when I finished those, I blazed through the sit ups and squats. Cake.

The running is starting up again, too, and I'm putting myself on training program. I don't want to call it 'strict', but I'm scrounging the internet and old training programs to come up with something that I can fit in and around my CrossFit workouts and training of others, as well as yoga, Pilate's, my job, my social life (or lack there of), and my relationship. I know, at some point, that something's gotta give and I will have to make sacrifices to my life, be it something from said list.

Right now, I'm gearing my training towards Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 mile Run, which I 'entered' this week. The entry process has changed to a lottery for 2009, so I won't know if I make it or make it on the waiting list until December 9th or so, but I'm going to start training and planning as if it I'd be at the ranch May 16th. However, the flannel sheets got the best of me this morning, so my 8 miler will be pushed back to tomorrow. See.. not very strict. ;)

Something has gotta give, and the lack of new posts shows that blogging took the brunt of me being busy, but hopefully I can keep things a little more up to date.. with pictures! Maybe..

1 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Jen, I understand you completely. Life has gotten way more hectic than I would like, and sometimes it's hard to find time to do the things I enjoy like blog and read, and just veg. I haven't had a night on the town in a long time just because I'm too darned tired to do anything. I am with you 100%. I hope I'll be able to get caught up too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home