Thursday, July 23, 2009

Two weeks of cheating?

I guess I haven't been following my plan as prescribed. Writing everything down and logging it into FitDay.com? Apparently I've been 'hiding' a few things.

I chew gum and pop the occasional Altoid. Also, some of my vitamins contain a few calories.

There. It's out there and I've fessed up. Phew! Sooo much better.

That's about the extent of my cheating since I don't record the plethora of vitamins that I consume. So what do I take? See below:

AM
- Trader Joe's Gummie multi vitamin for kids (1)
- Vitamin E
- MSM
- Calcium
- Fiber tab
- Flaxseed oil
- Acidophilus

Lunch
- Acidophilus
- B-complex
- Flaxseed oil
- Fiber tab

PM
- Trader Joe's Gummie multi (1)
- MSM
- Calcium
- Flaxseed oil
- Glutamine powder (occasionally after a workout)


Most of these have extra "stuff" in them and contain upwards to 10 calories in each. And, like the gum and Altoids, they have have sugar in them. Should I be concerned? The only real concern should be that I'm probably just pissing my money away by taking all of these. I eat a fairly balanced diet but I like the added assurance that I'm meeting my daily requirements of vitamins and minerals instead of overdoing it. I will cut back on the gum and Altoids.

When recording most of my food in Fit Day, I use the foods they already have programmed in. It takes a bit to set things up, but I eat similar things every day, so after a couple days it's no problem to go to "Recent Foods" to add what I've eaten. I use the "Journal" function as well to track when I ate and include more detail about the Zone Block split and serving size. Not many people can picture 1 ounce of cashews, so I write it as 22 (21) cashews.

I'm making a few changes regarding the reporting of my foods. Yes, it's tedious at first, but makes for a more accurate reading. For example, I started eating Turkey Bacon this week, and used the TB that is listed in FitDay. I had it again today for breakfast and after reading the nutrition label, realized the FitDay bacon was MUCH higher in calories and fat than what I was actually consuming. It took 2 seconds to add the Trader Joe's Turkey Bacon under "Create a Custom Food" and now I have better record of my breakfast. With Cashews, FitDay doesn't parse them out per nut, as I eat them, and instead by weight. I was guessing how much I'd been eating and finally weighed out how many cashews equals 1 oz. Answer - 22. My entries will be more accurate for cashews now with 15 cashews (5 blocks of Fat) = .68 oz.

I weighed in at 162.2 this morning, down .2 lbs from last week. I'm fine with that and know that my cashew 'binge' last night didn't help. I was tired and hungry after work and cracked open a bag of cashews. I started counting out 9, then 12, then 15 to hold me over.. then finally stopped at 30 cashews. I was over my allotment of fat (41 blocks.. 32 usual), but I'm okay with that since I could've binged on York Peppermint Patties.

I've had some good workouts this week that have left me sensitive, not sore. My muscles don't ache, they are just very sensitive to every little touch. Having my GF's arm across my body when sleeping feels like a 100# weight crushing my core. I'm a delicate flower, yet I was able to pull a 195# dead lift for a 1 rep max at my first max attempt. The 200# goal was right there, but now it's closer than I've ever imagined. And now I have 215 or even 225 to shoot for.

I'm going to keep my blocks at 16 and 2x fat for now. Training will pick up now that I'm adding CFE workouts again. I'm hoping next weeks weigh in is a little more successful and that I can stave off those late day cravings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home