Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Corporate Branding

It's not that I don't like where I work at, but I'm not one to advertise it. You won't see me walking around wearing a polo shirt with the company name stiched on it, or using an umbrella with our logo on it, or storing my trusty lunch in a lunchbag of our company colors.

I've been trying to avoid it for the 4.5 years I've been year and have done so with great success, but there comes a time..

... when you wear your ID badge on a retractable clip.

In the past, I had been carrying my badge in my pocket. I didn't want to be one of the dorks with it clipped to a belt loop or around there neck on a shoestring. Maybe it's okay in the office, but once you're out the door, take the friggin thing off. You look cool as is riding the metro in your black business attire and flipflops, but for the love of god, I don't care what government office you work in. Especially lose the 'dog tags' at Happy Hour somewhere on the hill. I know for "identification purposes" you have to wear it like that, and that's fine.. at your place of business. God invented pockets and purses and handbags for a reason - use them outside of the office. He also invented shoes other than flipflops. Take advantage of his gifts.

I sit in my cube in wrinkled jeans, a waffleknit shirt, and Crocs. My badge and keys are in my pockets. I refuse to conform.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Rob said...

I understand how you feel.
I am not wearing that crap around my neck like some f-ing dog and the last thing I want to do is where out my badges with a picture on them that represents an IRA terrorist.

Fight the Power!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home