Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What do you get when you cross a kangaroo..

.. or a 220 lb rugger?

BEAT UP!


That's just a sampling of the weekly bruises I get from practice 2x a week. This past weekend I played a full 80 minutes for the first time, and it feels like I got run over by a Mack truck. Doing a trail run the next day probably wasn't the smartest thing, but.. oh well.. it's what I do.




However, I am officially done with rugby for the Spring. It was a short season, but fun, none the less. It's tough to balance everything, but I enjoy being part of a team again.

Now it's on to trail running again.. but it's not like I ever stopped. I went on a hike/run with a group on Sunday, and I could still feel the effects of having played the day before while climbing the hills. My entire body was sore. Later, it flat out ached. I'm learning again - the hard way - the importance of stretching. I've had some bad spells where even sitting hurts, standing is a struggle, and trying to touch my toes is out of the question. Not the best time to happen, but I'm doing my best to take care of things so I'm ready for another big weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home